There are many types of self catering accommodation available for holidays in Victoria, but very few types come close to that of a new caravan. This article takes a look at five of the main reasons that static caravans are an ideal choice of accommodation for your next self catering holiday.
The Best Where to Find 18 Foot Caravan For Sale in Victoria
- Pet Friendly If you have a dog then you will no doubt be aware of the high cost of putting your furry friend away in kennels whilst you go on holiday. It is not just the financial cost thought it is also the emotional cost of being separated from your pets. You will find that many static ‘vans that are available to hire will allow one or two pets to stay in them. There is frequently a charge for this but more often than not it is significantly less than kennel fees.
- Choice of Locations Caravan parks are situated all across the Victoria and as such you a sure to find a holiday park in the area that you want to visit. If you want to just escape for a weekend away there is bound to be a good selection of parks within a 50 mile radius of your home. From beachside caravans to caravans hidden in valleys there is certainly a holiday park to cater for everyone.
Caravan Accessories Shopping
As a used caravan is a very confined space, travels with your family can quickly become unpleasant when you are forced to live with a bad smell. There are three main causes of bad odors in caravans - wastewater, a malfunctioning toilet, or damp - and you may be pleased to learn that it is possible to remove these smells and enjoy your holiday once more.
- Wastewater: There are a number of ways to remove these odors, the most popular being to add de-odorizing tablets to the wastewater tank where they dissolve. Rinsing the tank at least once a year and plugging the sinks during transit will also help to lessen odors.
- Malfunctioning toilet: Odors can often leach out of the toilet of your used caravan is the cassette has cracks or leaks, so make sure it is in good condition. You should also empty your cassette well before it reaches full capacity to lessen the chances of bad smells.
- Damp: When your caravan does not take to winter too well, the damp odors that ensue can be difficult to remove. The only way to stop this sort of bad smell is to find the source of the dampness (poor ventilation, for example) and repair it as soon as possible.
If your used caravan is experiencing a bad odor of some kind, the first step to fixing it is determining what has caused the smell. Whilst damp is easy to determine from the other two, you may have to do some inspecting to get an idea of whether your bad caravan odor has been caused be wastewater or by a malfunctioning toilet (of course, if you don't have a toilet the answer is simple).
Caravan Accessories Shopping
Caravans and motorhomes essentially let you go to many of the same places and do many of the same things, so a week's holiday to the Lake District or other UK destination will be fundamentally the same if you are looking at driving there, parking up and enjoying a week or so relaxing.
The big difference comes when you want to move around a bit more or simply 'park up and camp' in a more remote location, as this is where caravans and motorhomes really begin to act completely different. A motorhome gives you a greater amount of freedom to move from place to place and stay at a number of different locations within a relatively short space of time, whereas a caravan is better suited to being left in one location and used effectively as a holiday home for the duration of your stay.
Of course, don't forget that you can still explore the immediate area with the car you used to tow the caravan! In fact for many people this is the big advantage of caravans over motorhomes, the fact that you can unhitch the caravan and drive around in a more compact 'normal' car, rather than exploring in a larger motorhome. Some motorhomers do tow small cars such as 'smart cars' but generally this is only possible on larger, more expensive 'vans.
In summary, the decision boils down to how you intend to use the vehicle. If you simply want an affordable way to spend holidays in the UK and Europe then a caravan is a fantastic choice, and one which still gives you a huge choice of destinations to choose from. If however you want the freedom to be able to move campsite at short notice and spend time at a number of different locations during your holiday, or want to do a little more 'wild camping' whilst away, then a motorhome may be the better option for you.