There are many types of self catering accommodation available for holidays in Victoria, but very few types come close to that of a new caravan. This article takes a look at five of the main reasons that static caravans are an ideal choice of accommodation for your next self catering holiday.
The Best New 19 Foot Caravans For Sale in Victoria
- Pet Friendly If you have a dog then you will no doubt be aware of the high cost of putting your furry friend away in kennels whilst you go on holiday. It is not just the financial cost thought it is also the emotional cost of being separated from your pets. You will find that many static ‘vans that are available to hire will allow one or two pets to stay in them. There is frequently a charge for this but more often than not it is significantly less than kennel fees.
- Choice of Locations Caravan parks are situated all across the Victoria and as such you a sure to find a holiday park in the area that you want to visit. If you want to just escape for a weekend away there is bound to be a good selection of parks within a 50 mile radius of your home. From beachside caravans to caravans hidden in valleys there is certainly a holiday park to cater for everyone.
RV, Motorhome And Caravan Window Condensation - How To Prevent And Get Rid Of Misty Windows
As a used caravan is a very confined space, travels with your family can quickly become unpleasant when you are forced to live with a bad smell. There are three main causes of bad odors in caravans - wastewater, a malfunctioning toilet, or damp - and you may be pleased to learn that it is possible to remove these smells and enjoy your holiday once more.
- Wastewater: There are a number of ways to remove these odors, the most popular being to add de-odorizing tablets to the wastewater tank where they dissolve. Rinsing the tank at least once a year and plugging the sinks during transit will also help to lessen odors.
- Malfunctioning toilet: Odors can often leach out of the toilet of your used caravan is the cassette has cracks or leaks, so make sure it is in good condition. You should also empty your cassette well before it reaches full capacity to lessen the chances of bad smells.
- Damp: When your caravan does not take to winter too well, the damp odors that ensue can be difficult to remove. The only way to stop this sort of bad smell is to find the source of the dampness (poor ventilation, for example) and repair it as soon as possible.
If your used caravan is experiencing a bad odor of some kind, the first step to fixing it is determining what has caused the smell. Whilst damp is easy to determine from the other two, you may have to do some inspecting to get an idea of whether your bad caravan odor has been caused be wastewater or by a malfunctioning toilet (of course, if you don't have a toilet the answer is simple).
Decorating the Interior of Your Caravan Or Motorhome
Being a webmaster of a very popular camping and caravanning website I will get asked many questions on a daily basis and there does always tend to be a recurring theme amongst most of them, namely what is the difference between X type of caravan and Y type of caravan. Well here I hope to explain all of this in some detail so that it will hopefully clear up some of the confusion.
There are only really a few different types of caravans that are worthy of mention, mainly because the other type only generally make up no more than 0.1% of caravans, these being static caravans, touring caravans, motorhomes and park homes.
Static Caravans are generally between 20x8feet (length x width) and 38x14feet and on the whole are placed on a plot of a caravan park for the majority of their lives. Static caravans are not towable on public roads unless a support vehicle is behind the caravan and the roads are rated at over the weight of the caravan, as such they are generally transported on the back of lorries to and from locations. Static caravans are likely to have a lot of modern conveniences that you would expect from a modern home including double glazing, central heating and winter insulation.
Park Homes and Lodges are more similar to a static caravan than any other type mentioned before as they are comparable in size and the features that are available to them as standard though they will be moved around a lot less than a static caravan and generally will be of a higher spec, and also price. Things such as double glazing, air conditioning, central heating and other luxury features will be a lot more common as a standard feature in park homes and lodges. Park homes also have an advantage over static caravans in that they can increase their value over time making them more akin to a house than a caravan, despite the construction of them being more caravan like.