There are many types of self catering accommodation available for holidays in Victoria, but very few types come close to that of a new caravan. This article takes a look at five of the main reasons that static caravans are an ideal choice of accommodation for your next self catering holiday.
The Best Excellent 18 Foot Caravan Shower Toilet in Chelsea, Victoria
- Pet Friendly If you have a dog then you will no doubt be aware of the high cost of putting your furry friend away in kennels whilst you go on holiday. It is not just the financial cost thought it is also the emotional cost of being separated from your pets. You will find that many static ‘vans that are available to hire will allow one or two pets to stay in them. There is frequently a charge for this but more often than not it is significantly less than kennel fees.
- Choice of Locations Caravan parks are situated all across the Victoria and as such you a sure to find a holiday park in the area that you want to visit. If you want to just escape for a weekend away there is bound to be a good selection of parks within a 50 mile radius of your home. From beachside caravans to caravans hidden in valleys there is certainly a holiday park to cater for everyone.
How To Buy A Second Hand Caravan
As a used caravan is a very confined space, travels with your family can quickly become unpleasant when you are forced to live with a bad smell. There are three main causes of bad odors in caravans - wastewater, a malfunctioning toilet, or damp - and you may be pleased to learn that it is possible to remove these smells and enjoy your holiday once more.
- Wastewater: There are a number of ways to remove these odors, the most popular being to add de-odorizing tablets to the wastewater tank where they dissolve. Rinsing the tank at least once a year and plugging the sinks during transit will also help to lessen odors.
- Malfunctioning toilet: Odors can often leach out of the toilet of your used caravan is the cassette has cracks or leaks, so make sure it is in good condition. You should also empty your cassette well before it reaches full capacity to lessen the chances of bad smells.
- Damp: When your caravan does not take to winter too well, the damp odors that ensue can be difficult to remove. The only way to stop this sort of bad smell is to find the source of the dampness (poor ventilation, for example) and repair it as soon as possible.
If your used caravan is experiencing a bad odor of some kind, the first step to fixing it is determining what has caused the smell. Whilst damp is easy to determine from the other two, you may have to do some inspecting to get an idea of whether your bad caravan odor has been caused be wastewater or by a malfunctioning toilet (of course, if you don't have a toilet the answer is simple).
How To Get Rid Of Bad Odors In Your Used Caravan
A static caravan is a great investment in your families future holidays. You can enjoy amazing times in your new holiday home but you should look at after your static caravan to ensure it stays in tip top condition year on year.
I thought I would give you some hints and tips on maintaining your caravan and I will write some more detailed advice in other articles, but this one covers the main areas.
1) Gas and Electric Maintenance
Your holiday home will most likely be fitted with a gas boiler which in some cases will be connected to a central heating system.
Annual maintenance of your boiler should be completed by a competent and registered engineer, however you can ensure that it's running smoothly and highlight any concerns to your engineer as soon as possible. This will keep your overall costs down in future years.
As for electric systems I would recommend getting these annually checked for safety. Again, you can check if the fuses are in place correctly and that when you leave your static caravan that both the electric and bass is turned off at the main connection points to your plot.
2) Exterior Maintenance
This will reduce any issues of water leakage and also reduce down any damp that could be created when not in use.
9) Internal Cleaning
I would recommend that you clean your caravan on a regular basis. As you perform the cleaning you will be able to notice any signs of wear and tear that could effect the life of your static caravan.
If you are unable to perform a deep clean your park manager will be able to advise of local cleaning companies that specialise in static caravan cleaning. They will report any problems they notice to you so you can react quickly and repair any problems before they get worse.
10) Static Caravan Insurance
Please, please, please ensure you have adequate static caravan insurance.
This is one area where many owners fail to get the correct level of cover. If its too cheap, then it probably won't meet your requirements. Check your policy wording carefully and ensure that you are correctly covered for accidents or other insurance related claims.