There are many types of self catering accommodation available for holidays in Victoria, but very few types come close to that of a new caravan. This article takes a look at five of the main reasons that static caravans are an ideal choice of accommodation for your next self catering holiday.
The Best New Caravans For Sale in Frankston Victoria
The Best Best 20 ft Caravan For Sale in Frankston, Victoria
- Pet Friendly If you have a dog then you will no doubt be aware of the high cost of putting your furry friend away in kennels whilst you go on holiday. It is not just the financial cost thought it is also the emotional cost of being separated from your pets. You will find that many static ‘vans that are available to hire will allow one or two pets to stay in them. There is frequently a charge for this but more often than not it is significantly less than kennel fees.
- Choice of Locations Caravan parks are situated all across the Victoria and as such you a sure to find a holiday park in the area that you want to visit. If you want to just escape for a weekend away there is bound to be a good selection of parks within a 50 mile radius of your home. From beachside caravans to caravans hidden in valleys there is certainly a holiday park to cater for everyone.
Touring Caravan Vs Motorhome: Which Is Best for You?
Is there more thrilling and personal way to travel the countryside than going in style with a caravan or motor-home? You get the excitement of the open road while enjoying all the comforts of home. Some people enjoy a nice hotel room but you have to admit they lack a personal touch and you can't take it with your at your next holiday lodges destination. The only complaint I've heard from people about caravans is the stereotypical 70's décor image we all have. Thankfully, it is something which can be fixed.
Redesigning the interior of your caravan couldn't be easier. The small amount of space means a minimal, clutter free style is probably the way to go. I prefer simple darks yet stylishly colors, especially in a carpet. Go for contemporary looks and colors that don't need constant cleaning. Some people found vinyl flooring works great at some of the muddier holiday parks since it can be wiped clean in seconds.
When it comes to the kind of furniture, I would spend some extra money on items with multiple uses. This saves money in the long run and also gives you more room within the caravan. Recently, I just purchased a couch-bed which also contains storage space in the body so I can keep the bedding in during the daytime. It saves a great deal of room.
12 Volt Pumps For Motorhomes, Caravans, Campers and Small Boats
As a used caravan is a very confined space, travels with your family can quickly become unpleasant when you are forced to live with a bad smell. There are three main causes of bad odors in caravans - wastewater, a malfunctioning toilet, or damp - and you may be pleased to learn that it is possible to remove these smells and enjoy your holiday once more.
- Wastewater: There are a number of ways to remove these odors, the most popular being to add de-odorizing tablets to the wastewater tank where they dissolve. Rinsing the tank at least once a year and plugging the sinks during transit will also help to lessen odors.
- Malfunctioning toilet: Odors can often leach out of the toilet of your used caravan is the cassette has cracks or leaks, so make sure it is in good condition. You should also empty your cassette well before it reaches full capacity to lessen the chances of bad smells.
- Damp: When your caravan does not take to winter too well, the damp odors that ensue can be difficult to remove. The only way to stop this sort of bad smell is to find the source of the dampness (poor ventilation, for example) and repair it as soon as possible.
If your used caravan is experiencing a bad odor of some kind, the first step to fixing it is determining what has caused the smell. Whilst damp is easy to determine from the other two, you may have to do some inspecting to get an idea of whether your bad caravan odor has been caused be wastewater or by a malfunctioning toilet (of course, if you don't have a toilet the answer is simple).