There are many types of self catering accommodation available for holidays in Victoria, but very few types come close to that of a new caravan. This article takes a look at five of the main reasons that static caravans are an ideal choice of accommodation for your next self catering holiday.
The Best Well Built 18 Foot Caravans With Ensuite in Bentleigh East, Victoria
- Pet Friendly If you have a dog then you will no doubt be aware of the high cost of putting your furry friend away in kennels whilst you go on holiday. It is not just the financial cost thought it is also the emotional cost of being separated from your pets. You will find that many static ‘vans that are available to hire will allow one or two pets to stay in them. There is frequently a charge for this but more often than not it is significantly less than kennel fees.
- Choice of Locations Caravan parks are situated all across the Victoria and as such you a sure to find a holiday park in the area that you want to visit. If you want to just escape for a weekend away there is bound to be a good selection of parks within a 50 mile radius of your home. From beachside caravans to caravans hidden in valleys there is certainly a holiday park to cater for everyone.
Caravans and Motorhomes
Boats, caravans, and motorhomes use 12 volt pumps in several applications. Fresh water (Potable/drinking water) supply pressure and delivery is maintained by pumps. Sewage or effluent water may be removed with the help of a pump. But what type of pump should be used in a particular application?
All pumps work on the principle of creating a vacuum into which liquid is drawn. Liquid moves into the pump because of the air pressure on the surface of the large body of liquid into which the pump is placed or connected with by an intake pipe or hose. There are two basic ways in which that vacuum is created, and these differences are reflected in centrifugal pumps and diaphragm pumps.
Centrifugal pumps are very simple. A rotating impeller inside the pump forces water away from the centre of the passage, thus creating the vacuum. This design makes them cheap to manufacture, easy to maintain, and submersible. However, they are usually not self-priming, and can't handle many solids in the liquid matrix. They also cannot maintain an even pressure. There is a seal which prevents water from leaking into the motor. If these pumps run dry for very long the seal can be damaged.
Marcle Leisure can supply various pump accessories such as additional filters, tubing, foot switches, non-return valves, expansion tanks (accumulators), and inline pressure switches.
Many 12 volt pump options are available from Marcle Leisure for caravan, motorhome, and small boat applications. By paying attention to the various types and brands of pumps and their capabilities the owner of a recreational vehicle can meet any need associated with the movement of liquids.
Caravan Awnings - Use Them to Improve Your Caravan Or Motorhome
As a used caravan is a very confined space, travels with your family can quickly become unpleasant when you are forced to live with a bad smell. There are three main causes of bad odors in caravans - wastewater, a malfunctioning toilet, or damp - and you may be pleased to learn that it is possible to remove these smells and enjoy your holiday once more.
- Wastewater: There are a number of ways to remove these odors, the most popular being to add de-odorizing tablets to the wastewater tank where they dissolve. Rinsing the tank at least once a year and plugging the sinks during transit will also help to lessen odors.
- Malfunctioning toilet: Odors can often leach out of the toilet of your used caravan is the cassette has cracks or leaks, so make sure it is in good condition. You should also empty your cassette well before it reaches full capacity to lessen the chances of bad smells.
- Damp: When your caravan does not take to winter too well, the damp odors that ensue can be difficult to remove. The only way to stop this sort of bad smell is to find the source of the dampness (poor ventilation, for example) and repair it as soon as possible.
If your used caravan is experiencing a bad odor of some kind, the first step to fixing it is determining what has caused the smell. Whilst damp is easy to determine from the other two, you may have to do some inspecting to get an idea of whether your bad caravan odor has been caused be wastewater or by a malfunctioning toilet (of course, if you don't have a toilet the answer is simple).